As the end of the year approached, I began to receive more and more emails from the teacher about projects and ideas to close out the year. Every email sent me reaching for a tissue to dab away my tears. The year had gone by so quickly! As the homeroom mom I grew very close to the students. I was going to miss them so much.
One of the nice things about my daughter’s school is that the kindergarten teacher moves up to first grade with the students. It helps ease the transition to a higher grade and creates a strong bond between student and teacher. With that in mind, the teacher found the perfect end of the year gift for the students.
S’more Fun Next Year Kit
- Party favor bags (These were from Target)
- Graham crackers (be sure to factor in broken sheets)
- 2 – 3 bags marshmallows (halal, of course)
- Mini Hershey’s bars
- S’more fun printable labels
I am so thankful to live in a city that has numerous markets that cater to halal marshmallow seeking customers. I found the best ones in the fifth (!!) place I checked.
- Place the directions sheet into the bag facing the back. Add two full sheets of graham crackers.
- On top of the graham crackers, slide in two bars of mini Hershey’s.
- Next to the graham crackers and chocolate, place four marshmallows. Since the marshmallows equal the same thickness as the crackers and chocolate, the kit will be a uniform size.
- Fold down any excess bag, then staple or stick the “We made it!” label on the outside.
The kids totally loved these. Ours never made it to actual s’mores as they were divided and consumed by the girls on the way home from school.
A cute end of the year gift that the parent’s recieved was a frame painted by our child that included a picture of all the students holding up letters that spell out “Thank you”. The students also each went home with pillowcases had each child’s hand and a sweet little message.